Sunday, May 04, 2008

Teen Spy Novels


Ya know, I loved spy novels as a young girl. I was reading Quiller novels, Len Deighton, John LeCarre, Robert Ludlum, Ian Fleming, and Alistair MacLean books in middle school...in fact, I wrote the FBI in fourth grade and told them I wanted to work for them as a spy! (They sent me back a fat packet with information that included the fact that accountants and computer programmers were those most likely to find employment with the FBI...and they probably opened a file on me :-)

My spy reading went a little dormant in recent years, though I did truly love the Bourne movies. I read Stormbreaker a year or two ago, and liked it okay, but I really enjoyed a FEMALE-oriented teen spy novel I just finished.

I liked I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, partially because it included some Harry Potter-type elements. These super-genius girls go to this top-secret school filled with interesting professors and cutting-edge (though not magical) technology. There's lots of cool spy-info, a little romance, great friendships - it's a good read. There's a second book in the series out now, and they're even making it into a movie!

No comments: